Website Terms and Conditions
Please note that by continuing to browse and use our website, as well as purchase from it, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below. Throughout the site, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Adventures in Yarncraft, and ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to users of this site.
Our online store is hosted by Squarespace, which provide us with the platform from which we are able to sell our products to you.
All information provided on our website is provided to the best of our knowledge, and we cannot be held responsible should any information prove not to be current or accurate. However, please do get in touch if you notice an error so we can correct it.
Over time, our prices may change without notice. If a price change is due to an initial pricing error, we will honour any outstanding orders at the erroneous price point.
We reserve the right to exclude or ban anyone using this site who does not abide by these terms or uses the site in an unlawful way.
From time to time, we may include links to third party websites, Adventures in Yarncraft is not held responsible for any problems arising therein.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please note that by purchasing from us, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below. Throughout, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Adventures in Yarncraft, and ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to users of this site/customers.
1. All our yarn is hand dyed in a smoke-free, cat-friendly environment, please note this if you have any serious allergies as we cannot be held responsible for any effect of this.
2. Our yarn will arrive in a skein form and must be wound into a cake or ball in order to use. Attempting to knit or crochet directly from the hank will result in a big tangle!
3. The nature and beauty of hand dyed yarn is in it’s variation from skein to skein, this is expected and certainly not a defect. We recommend buying all the yarn you may need for a project at the same time as any future batches may turn out a little differently. If you are using multiple skeins for a single project, we recommend striping alternate rows from different skeins to reduce the likelihood of a dramatic colour change.
4. Whilst the dye is ‘fixed’ to the yarn during the dyeing process, as well as thoroughly rinsed afterwards, a small amount of colour bleeding is possible. Please ensure you hand wash your finished projects in cold water and separately for the first few washes.
5. Every effort is made to ensure photographs reflect the product accurately, however colour varies between computer monitors. Any customer wishing to return yarn based on colour must refer to the returns policy.
6. Yarn lengths are approximate and yarn is sold by weight. All weights have a +/- 5% tolerance, on a conditioned weight of 18.25% moisture, and are based on the yarn, as delivered in skein form. A small number of spinners knots are expected along the skein, however, we rarely find any in our yarns.
7. International orders may be subject to customs duties and taxes. These are the responsibility of the customer and Adventures in Yarncraft cannot be held responsible for any delays or additional costs incurred. Due to Brexit, this also applies to any orders from Europe, outside of the UK.
8. Adventures in Yarncraft is based in the United Kingdom and therefore all prices are in British Pound Sterling; if you are purchasing from outside the UK, currency conversion charges may be incurred by your own bank or our payment processing systems.
9. Outside of specific wholesale orders, you agree not to sell our yarns, for commercial perposes. Of course, personal destashes and similar are not a problem. We are happy for our yarns to be used by other small businesses to create a further product, so long as the finished product is in a significantly different form. (For example, if you have knitted or crocheted an item, you may sell this commercially.) Adventures in Yarncraft is not responsible for any final product once it has been altered in any way. Please get in touch for details of wholesale orders.